27.09.11

Ik spreek Nederlands

For those who did not know yet - a couple of weeks ago I finally started my Dutch language classes, which are paid by the city council. Thanks, gemeente! :)

How did I get them? Well, the long to free Dutch courses was not so easy...

2) Find information about these courses. Not so easy, because it is (almost) nowhere written that also EU citizens can take them voluntarily, so you need to know about them in advance.
3) Send an e-mail to make an appointment with the city council regarding the courses
4) Go to an appointment and answer to questions like "why do you want to study Dutch?", "what will you do with the skills?", "how much time do you have?" etc.
5) Have another appointment where they test how fast can you learn aka "stupidity/IQ test" :) No language skills necessary.
6) Have yet another appointment with their chosen language school for you where for 1 hour they test your writing, speaking, listening and reading (15 min each) - all in Dutch, of course!
7) Wait results about your current language level. I got A2 for reading and A1 for everything else with a note "uses a lot of German words".
8) Start your classes for one year!

Next time I will tell you my opinion about my classes, which are twice a week for 3 hours each time (+ homework).

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru