04.04.11

My first (?) exhibition

As I told you some time ago, one of my photos was chosen for the photo exhibition about Amsterdam canals. On Friday there was the opening of the exhibition, so I hope that you are curious to hear how was it.

All 25 photos by 25 photographers (most of them - professionals) were exhibited in the exhibition hall of Het Grachtenhuis, where they are organising several events, so people have chance to see also the photographies. Entrance is for free, so drop by at any time!

The opening was quite informal, people were looking at the photos, drinking wine and chatting. Some official bla-bla speech and the announcement of the winner (really nice and artistic picture), who got 2 500 EUR. It was also possible to vote for the best photography as the "public vote", but I do not know when will they announce the result and how long can you vote.

Surprisingly, at one point there was a lady approaching me and asking if I am Anita. After confirming it, she said that my photo was the most original one and gave me her business card - she was from some art gallery. Ha, should I give her a call today? :)

Btw, all the photos on the exhibit are for sale - every artist was able to give his/her own prize, and the museum added the printing and sales costs. My picture costs 375 EUR if you are interested to buy it. :) Limited edition!

We also had a chance to see the official museum (which is in a building next to the hall), and that was amazing. I really suggest everybody to see it as it has a special way of presenting the story about Amsterdam canals. Keep in mind that you need to book it quite some time beforehands as the museum can accept only limited amount of people!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru