18.03.11

My photo in an exhibition

A couple of weeks ago I found an information in Dutch that Het Grachtenhuis (Canal house) has a photo competition for their upcoming exhibition "‘Amsterdam Canals - gateway to the future".

I didn't think twice and simply submitted my picture. I am not a professional photographer, but had nothing to loose. I also thought that it is an interesting competition, so forwarded the information to couple of friends and wrote an article about it in English. I think that we were the only who covered this information in English. :)

Today I got a reply from the organisers that ... my picture has been chosen as one of 25 photos which will be shown in the exhibition from April 1 onwards! And that's not all - it is also one of the 10 pictures which qualifies for the main prize - 2500 euro. Specially selected jury will choose one lucky winner.

To make it even more funnier, also Michael and my colleague Sergios got e-mails saying that their pictures are qualifing for the exhibition. So I am sure that on April 1 all my office (including me) is going to the exhibition together.

Will you join us?

3 komentāri:

  1. nice, interesting photo! at first I thought these were real!! aaaa

    AtbildētDzēst
  2. it was Klaudia :) (quite difficult to comment when all is in Latvian! hihi)

    AtbildētDzēst
  3. Anita, lieliski! Kā Tu vienmēr "iekulies" kādā afērā un no tās sanāk kaut kas lielisks! Un tā bilde - super!

    AtbildētDzēst