15.03.11

First fondue

In the weekend I tried to make cheese fondue for the first time in my life.

Result - it was edible, but need to be improved :)

The idea came in my mind while shopping, so I had no idea what to buy and what is needed for fondue. All I knew - cheese and white wine, so bought two different kinds of Dutch cheese and the chepeast white wine.

Back home I checked the recipe (written by one of my favourite professors Kārlis Streips) and found out that I am missing some ingrediants - e.g., cherry brendy and nutmeg. However, I still decided to go further and that's what I used:
- 250 g of "belegen" Gouda cheese
- 250 g of "extra belegen" Gouda cheese
- 1 glass of South Australian Chardonnay wine
- a bit of garlic
- a bit of white pepper
- half of a teaspoon of mustard

I did not have the rest of the ingredients, so simply needed to skip them.

I do not know why but in the end the cheese got stuck together and I couldn't melt it. So we were simply eating very fast (with French baguette and sausages).

Next time I will make sure to read the recipe before going to the shop! :)

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru