31.03.11

Time for German

I didn't tell you yet, but a couple of weeks ago I started CouchSurfing weekly German classes. A German girl is studying to be a teacher and wanted to practise, so I quickly agreed to be one of her students for intermediate lessons.

So far we have had three lessons and it is really cool. It is like a real lesson, because she is preparing exercises for every week and speaking in German all the time - even when we do not understand some words, she explains them in German and does not give a synonim in English.

The level of the class is quite different and some people drop by and join just for one or two lessons, so she needs to be very flexibile. I don't know about others, but it disturbs me a bit - but just a bit as otherwise I am really enjoying lessons.

I know that I should practise and study German more (especially with a German home :P), but sometimes I tend to be lazy and there is also not so much time... So these weekly classes are very useful (and free) way not to forget the knowledge I have and hopefully to improve a bit as well. I noticed that my German is not so bad as I thought and I can understand more than I can say.

Still, it's not really enough to have a full long and serious conversation in German, but at least my German is still better than my Dutch and I can have simple conversations with Michael's parents - and that's also important. :)

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru