19.06.11

SOFI number

After being in the Netherlands for so long time, finally it was time to get SOFI number.

What is SOFI number?
SOFI number - social security number - is needed if you want to work in the Netherlands, although it is not a working permit. For EU citizens it is quite easy to get it once you are registered with the city council. However, I am not registered, so it was a bit tricky to find out what is the procedure...

How did I get it?
Luckily it all went much easier than I thought...

1. Call 0800-0543
2. Ignore the voice speaking in Dutch and press "3" at first and "4" at second
3. Tell that you want to apply for SOFI number (not BSN number - do not ask me about the difference between both)
4. Tell to the lady that you are from another EU country, have just arrived in the Netherlands, about to start a new job and need SOFI number. No more info needed.
5. Make an appointment for the meeting (I scheduled mine for their Amsterdam office in Sloterdijk).
6. On the day of the meeting take ID/passport with you.
7. Go to the reception, get a number and wait. Once they call you, you just need to fill the form and you will get a paper with SOFI number within five minutes.
8. Be happy and find a job!

Easier than I thought :) No more questions, nothing. Happy with my SOFI number!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru