16.05.11

Disapointed about Keukenhof

I have so many things to tell and show you, that it is hard to decide what to start with... And often I simply do not write anything - as I can't choose what should it be...

However, yesterday we finally managed to visit Keukenhof, supposingly the biggest tulip garden and exhibition in the world. It is closing this Friday, so it was the last opportunity to see it.

Why "supposingly"? Because I saw everything in Keukenhof - except the tulips. 95% of all tulips outside were cut off, so they were not there. In all the pavillions they had a lot of other flowers and interesting exhibitions going on (e.g., the comparison between the Netherlands and Germany), but I wanted to see the famous tulips - and they were not there. Considering the fact that the entrance fee was the same as usually and it is not so small, I was very dissapointed.

Besides that, it was interesting to see seven different gardens in seven different styles, take a look at the royal family pedigree tree (did you know that three previous generations all married a German?) and see in how many different ways can you use flowers.

My Mum visited the garden some time ago as well and said that one needs four hours to see everything. For me it took a bit less than two hours - maybe because the tulips were not there...

If you were thinking about going this week - save the money for the next year and avoid it this year!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru