23.02.11

Cartoons in different languages

I bet you were watching and reading cartoons when you were a kid. Remember Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Cartoon Networks and all others?

I grew up with them and many more. Of course, the cartoons were translated into Latvian, but somehow I knew also their original English titles and characters' names - without thinking about it.

By accident yesterday I had a look at the list of different characters and their names in several languages. That was one of the funniest things in the last days and I was laughing so loud that I simply couldn't stop myself from thinking - "This is so funny! How many people ever think about that?"

So here goes just two funny names I found... Feel free to add new ones to the list!

Donald Duck
Donalds Daks - Latvian
Antulis Donaldas - Lithuanian
Piilupart Donald - Estonian
Anders And - Danish

Kalle Anka - Swedish


Uncle Scrooge
Knaps Makdaks - Latvian
Balthazar Picsou - French

Joakim von And - Danish
Dagobert Duck - German

Dagobert McCsip - Hungarian

Scrugulus Anas - Latin

Skrudžas Makdakas - Lithuanian

Ziu Papiruni - Sicilian

Sknerus McKwacz - Polish


P.S. No offense to any of these languages, I love them all and I bet people are making fun of Latvian names as well.

3 komentāri:

  1. Uncle Scrooge = Onu Robert in Estonian :)
    Of course we make fun of Latvian names (and your obsession with adding an -s even to proper nouns)!

    AtbildētDzēst
  2. Donald Duck - Дональд Дак Russian
    Uncle Scrooge - Скрудж МакДак or дядя Скрудж (both are used)Russian
    Uncle Scrooge - El tío Gilito Spanish
    Donald Duck - Pato Donald Spanish

    AtbildētDzēst
  3. Hihihi, both Estonian and Spanish versions are funny! Thanks for sharing!

    AtbildētDzēst