24.02.11

PRES2 manager

When I re-started this blog, I promised myself not to write anything about AEGEE here because that part of the life was over and I was starting a new life which was not around it.

I think that I managed pretty good by now. However, today I am going to break the promise to myself as these news are simply too big to be silent about it.

I was, am and will be crazy - but you already knew that, right? So now I have got another challenge. Some time ago I applied and just now I got appointed as the manager of Public Relations European School 2 (PRES2), which is one of AEGEE-Academy training courses.

What does it mean?

It means that I am the main person behind this amazing training course whose target audience are youth, active in different youth organisations (not only AEGEE) - but not on a local level in their own city or country, but on European/international level.

The training course will take place on May 8-15 in Novi Sad, Serbia (thanks to AEGEE-Novi Sad for being the local organiser). As all the work in AEGEE is done on voluntary basis, I do not get any salary for it (the same as other trainers), but, of course, they ar covering my costs while I will be in Novi Sad.

Now besides looking for a job (and hopefully starting to work soon), being a houswife and doing other stuff I need to dedicate time for PRES2 every day as well. I just finished the draft open call for trainers and sent a few e-mails to local organisers. In the next days it will be more - open call for participants, strategy, aims and program of the training course, assigning workshops to the trainers etc.

You might wonder why did I apply and how will I be sure that I have time to go? First, I am not sure about the answer to the question "how". Second, speaking about "why" - it was one of my dreams. Back in 2007 I was a participant in PRES2 Pecs and in 2009 I was one of the trainers of PRES1 Leiden. As you know, communications is my passion and recently I found myself enjoying delivering trainings as well, so I thought - if I am not going to be PRES2 manager, who will it be then? :)

So yes, you can congratulate me or say how stupid I am. :) But I will do my best to make it happen, have a qualitative training, manage to enjoy Serbia (never been there) without making my current life suffer!

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru