08.02.11

Opera Gala

Last Friday I experienced a couple of my most beautiful hours in the last weeks. I didn't expect it, so the wonderful evening was appreciated even more!

What happened? The Conservatorium van Amsterdam held "Opera Gala", where all the musicians performing were students - the conductor, the singers and the orchestra. I do not know if it was kind of their last exam before graduating or just an event, but it was simply amazing!

I am not a big fan of opera, just the opposite - my previous opera experience is not very exciting as I almost felt asleep all previous times... But this was something else. Not only you could even see sparkles in their eyes when they were playing their musical instruments, but you could also see different opera. This was not the classical one you use to see in the opera houses. This was youth and student opera with theatrical elements, a girl which almost looked like wearing a night dress, a singer sleeping next to the conductor's feet (see the picture on the left) and another signer literally touching the conductor... The audience was laughing and enjoying every single bit of 2,5 hours long opera!

Wondering how much did that cost? That's even better! The entrance was for free, but the donations were accepted afterwards. I have heard before that usually such events (free entrance with donations) get even bigger profit than if you would ask everybody to pay.

Thanks a lot, Conservatorium and its amazing students! For sure I will return to see and hear another performance.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru